Sea & Sea YS-01 Strobe
The Sea & Sea YS-01 is a compact slave strobe that can be used for wide-angle or macro photography. With its circular beam angle of 100 x 100° and a guide number of up to 20 it is the perfect strobe for small Point & Shoot cameras or DSLRs. The DS-TTL (Digital Slave TTL) feature gives you automatic exposure control when shooting in slave mode. It is best to connect the strobe to the housing with a fiber optic cable. For finer lighting control it is best to shoot in manual mode. This is easy since the YS-01 has a ten-level power dial located on the back of the strobe.
The YS-01 is powered by 4-AA batteries. You can get up to 330 flashes at full power with NiMH batteries. With NiMH batteries you will get a blazing fast 1.9 second recycle time, so you will not miss all the action on the reef. The YS-01 has a bright 1W LED target light, that is bright enough to use as a dive light on night dives.
You can fully exercise your creativity with the Sea and Sea YS-01 Underwater Strobe, which can be used as a primary strobe or secondary strobe in a wide range of applications, from compact digital cameras to digital SLR cameras.
Attaching the YS-01
The strobe can be attached to an arm with the YS-mount or the ball-mount (both mounts included as standard accessories).
- Connects with a fiber optic cable and gives you DS-TTL (Digital Slave TTL) automatic exposure control. The cable is not included, it can be purchased separately
- Manual control is easy with the ten-level power dial
- Circular beam for a broad 100° x 100° angle of coverage
- Color temperature 5600K, Color temperature w/diffuser 5250K
- Depth rating 75m / 250ft
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 68x108x129mm / 2.7x4.3x5.2inch
- Weight : 450g / 15.8oz (w/o batteries)
- Bright LED target light in center of the strobe face is bright enough for night dives
- Guide number 20 (ISO 100/m) for high power performance
- Recycle time of approximately 1.9 seconds with NiMH batteries at full power.