Atomic Aquatics ST1 regulator, yoke
The Atomic Aquatics ST1 Swivel Sealed Regulator has a Stainless Steel First-Stage.The first stage is beautifully machined from a special grade 316 Stainless Steel that is twice the strength of brass with corrosion-resistance approaching Titanium. Stainless Steel delivers virtually the same corrosion resistance as Titanium at a lower price. Stainless Steel does not require protective chrome or nickel plating processes that can be harmful to the environment and is 100% recyclable.
The ST1 second stage features all-Titanium components
The ST1 is a Balanced Flow-Thru Piston Design using Atomics Jet Seat High-Flow Stainless Steel Piston. Exclusive High-Pressure Piston Seal System is Self-Lubricating for Low Friction and Low Maintenance. The Atomic Jet Seat System has No Sharp Edges that can damage the seat over time, like most competitors' first stages. Instead, Atomic employs a Conical Seat and Blunt-End Piston. Atomics' Valve Seats are Precision Machined from an Extremely Strong Aerospace Specification Seat Material. This design combination is the most Reliable Seat System in the industry and enables the seat to go 2-years or 300 dives without service. Diving Performance is Superior at even Low Tank Pressure.
The ST1 is also Freeze Protected with a Factory-Sealed First-Stage that also Prevents Contamination such as Silt and Sand. The Regulator is Nitrox ready for Mixtures Up to 40% out-of-the-box. The First-Stage has 2 High-Pressure (HP) 7/16" and 5 Low-Pressure (LP) 3/8" Ports. The LP Ports are on a Swivel Turret for Ease of Hose Routing.
The ST1 Second-Stage is a Balanced Linear Flow Design for Extremely Easy Breathing at all Depths and Dive Conditions. Like the First-Stage the ST1 Second-Stage is Built-to-Last with a Titanium Demand Valve Body, Lever and Sealing Orifice. The Diaphragm is made from High Quality Silicone Rubber. This Pneumatically-Balanced Poppet Second-Stage has Atomics Patented Seat Saving Dynamic Orifice which unlike most Second-Stage Orifices is a Floating Valve Design which Reduces Wear on the Second-Stage Poppet Seat when the Regulator is not pressurized adding Life to this Important Seal.
The ST1 Second-Stage Regulator is equipped with Atomics Patented Automatic Flow Control (AFC). This Unique Diaphragm Activated Vain Automatically Controls the Flow and Venturi-Effect of the Second-Stage for Optimum Breathing Resistance at all Depths. The Second-Stage does have a Rapid Adjustment Knob for Rare Special Situations. If you have ever experience the Pulling Effect" of the Regulator Second-Stage when you turn your head underwater, those days are gone with Atomics Comfort Swivel. Perhaps one of the most admired features of Atomic Second Stages is the Patented Comfort Swivel which allows 30° Rotational Movement without Binding or Kinking. The Regulator comes equipped with a 3/8" Threaded 32" (81.3 cm) Low Pressure Hose. The Regulator weighs 2.3 lbs (1,059 g) comes with an Owner's Manual and is covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- First stage machined from solid 316 Stainless Steel
- Atomic Jet Seat high-flow piston first stage
- Freeze protected factory-sealed first stage also prevents contamination such as silt and sand
- Nitrox ready for mixtures up to 40%
- First stage ports: 2 HP fixed / 5 LP on swivel cap
- All-Titanium second stage construction same as Atomic T2 and B2 models
- Patented Atomic Seat Saving Orifice (Titanium)
- Patented Atomic Automatic Flow Control (AFC)
- Rapid adjustment knob for manual second stage de-tuning in special situations
- All-stainless steel Atomic Comfort Swivel standard
- A new high-flow second stage case lowers breathing effort at any depth from shallow water to beyond the limits
- Dual material second stage cover enables entire front to be used for purge
- Dual silicone comfort fit mouthpiece with tear-resistant bite tabs
- 2 year / 300 dive service interval
- Limited Lifetime Warranty – not contingent on proof of service
- Wide exhaust deflector to disperse bubbles for enhanced visibility